Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
Our surgeons are experts in treating functional disorders of the eyelids, eye socket, and tear drainage system, as well as improving the cosmetic appearance around the eye. This unique specialty requires exceptional technical ability and artistic skill.
Functional and Reconstructive Surgery
Our surgeon see patients with a variety of conditions that affect the structures around the eye, including:
- Droopy eyelids (ptosis)
- Orbital tumors and inflammation
- Thyroid eye disease
- Blocked or damaged tear drains
- Traumatic injuries to eyelids and orbital fractures
- Eyelid skin cancers
Ophthalmic plastic surgeons have particular expertise in managing the delicate skin of the eyelids and tissues surround the eyes. Their skills are appreciated by patients who elect cosmetic procedures, such as:
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) to reduce sagging and puffy skin
- Wrinkle management with BOTOX®, Restylane®, and other injectables
- Forehead/brow lift to reduce wrinkles and tighten skin
Meet Our Team
Under the direction of Suzanne K. Freitag, our surgeons perform the full spectrum of reconstructive and cosmetic procedures in and around the eye.