Reduction in Elective Surgery Note: As part of our ongoing commitment to reducing the spread of coronavirus and in compliance with Governor Baker’s emergency declaration, Mass. Eye and Ear will be postponing and rescheduling elective, non-urgent appointments, surgeries and procedures. Patients impacted by these changes will be contacted directly. Find more information here.
Our Adult Surgical Services team strives to make your experience as pleasant as possible. The information below will help guide you through the process.
Pre-Operative Guide for Adult Patients
Our comprehensive guide includes everything you need to know about surgery at Mass. Eye and Ear. Inside the guide you will find:
- A checklist of what you may need to bring to the hospital
- What to do the night before surgery, including when to stop eating and drinking
- What to expect day of your surgery
- How to manage your pain after surgery
- Special instructions for patients with diabetes, respiratory issues, latex allergies or cardiac implanted electronic devices (CIEDS)
- And more