Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery
Cranial Base Center
A joint program combining our head and neck oncologists, ear and skull base surgeons, and sinus surgeons with Mass General neurosurgeons, the Cranial Base Center provides medical and surgical intervention and rehabilitation for the full range of cranial base disorders.
Treating tumors at the base of the skull (cranial base) or between the brain and the face and neck (cranio-cervical junction) can be extremely complex. The surrounding areas include a concentration of vital nerves, the spinal cord, and major arteries.
The Cranial Base Center at Mass. Eye and Ear and Mass General brings together nose, ear, head and neck, brain, spine, and nerve specialists who provide innovative, individually tailored treatments for all types of tumors and other cranial nerve disorders.
Our team provides care at our Main Campus in Boston for:
- Tumors of the orbit and cavernous sinus
- Bone tumors
- Pituitary tumors
- Craniofacial vascular malformations
- Traumatic or neoplastic compression of the optic nerve
- Acoustic neuroma
- Cranial nerve neoplasms
- Developmental and congenital abnormalities including basilar impression, Chiari malformation, and aural atresia
- Vascular lesions Cerebrospinal fluid leak
- Post-traumatic reconstruction