Zero Emerson Place | Suite 2D | Boston, MA 02114
Ear, Nose and Throat Care Only
For eye care, visit our Boston - Main Campus at 243 Charles Street.
Monday to Friday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
About Mass Eye and Ear, Emerson Place
The practice at Mass Eye and Ear, Emerson Place specializes in the treatment of patients with ear, nose and throat conditions. Dr. Ralph Metson is joined in the practice by Dr. George Scangas.
The ear, nose and throat specialists at Mass Eye and Ear, Emerson Place provide care for the full range of nose and sinus conditions. Our services include care for nasal polyps, nasal obstruction, rhinitis (allergic and non-allergic), nosebleeds and deviated nasal septum.
Comprehensive Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)
Mass Eye and Ear, Emerson Place specialists diagnose and treat adults suffering from conditions of the ears, nose and throat. The office offers a wide range of services including minimally invasive endoscopic sinus surgery, endoscopic orbital and skull base surgery as well as treatment for hearing loss, ear pain and hoarseness.
Nasal, Sinus and Anterior Skull Base Tumors
The specialists at Mass Eye and Ear, Emerson Place provide care for patients suffering from tumors of the nose, sinuses and skull base. Our physicians thoroughly evaluate each patient to give an accurate diagnosis; if the tumor requires a multidisciplinary approach, our surgeons are key members of the endoscopic skull base surgery team at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Mass Eye and Ear, Emerson Place requires all new patients to fill out the following paper forms. Please use the links below to download a PDF of the forms. Please fill out each form using black ink and then bring the completed forms with you to your first appointment.
New Patient Forms
Learn more about Partners Patient Gateway to manage your non-urgent health care needs, as well as Privacy Information and Medical Records at Mass Eye and Ear.
Mass Eye and Ear, Emerson Place is affiliated with the following surrounding hospitals:
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Meet Our Team
Mass Eye and Ear, Emerson Place is conveniently located off Storrow Drive near our Main Campus. The office is in Suite 2D of Zero Emerson Place, the high-rise with green balconies.
Please be sure to choose your starting point.
The office is in the high-rise with the green balconies.
- Take the MBTA’s red line to the Charles/MGH stop. Elevators and escalators are available to transport patrons between the train platform and street level.
- Upon exiting the station, walk up Charles Street and pass Mass Eye and Ear on your right.
- Turn right on Blossom Street.
- The office is in Zero Emerson Place, the high-rise with green balconies on the left.
* To NON-handicap accessible lot (Storrow Drive Lot) – Not easily accessible when coming from West
- Stay in left lane on Storrow Drive (west).
- The entrance to parking lot is immediately before approaching Government Center/Kendall Square exit ramp.
* To handicap accessible lot (Charles Street Lot)
- Proceed through the lights under MBTA station; take a hard left reversing direction under the MBTA station.
- The Mass Eye and Ear, Main Campus parking lot is located off the on ramp to Storrow Drive (west).
4 Emerson Place Garage
- Once on Storrow Drive, get into the left lane until the Government Center/Kendall Square exit.
- At the end of the ramp, yield to crossing traffic at flashing traffic signal, and then proceed straight.
- Turn left onto Cambridge Street at traffic signal.
- Take Cambridge Street to second traffic signal (Blossom Street).
- Turn left onto Blossom Street. Look for a blue sign labeled “West End Public Parking” on your right. Follow this sign to 4 Emerson Place Garage.
- The office is in Zero Emerson Place, the high-rise with green balconies across from the garage.
- PLEASE NOTE: We cannot validate for parking at this garage. Patients will incur the full parking fee.
Patient Drop Off/Valet
- Turn left onto Cambridge Street (if you are coming from the west, turn right).
- Take the first left onto N. Grove Street.
- Turn left onto Fruit Street.
- Mass Eye and Ear, Main Campus will be on your right.
- Vehicle pick-up is around the corner on Charles Street.
Available, with validation, for patients and their visitors at Mass Eye and Ear parking lots ONLY. (Please note: Mass Eye and Ear does NOT validate for Mass General parking lots or garages.)
- 0 to 1 hour: $9
- 1 to 2 hours: $11
- 2 to 24 hours: $14
Monday to Friday: 5:00 am-4:00 pm (except holidays)Cost:
- $18 for patients and visitors at our Main Entrance on Fruit Street.
- $15 for patients with a handicap placard.