Safe Care Commitment
For patients visiting Mass. Eye and Ear and any of the hospitals in the Mass General Brigham system, we are committed to the highest standards to ensure the safety and well-being of all patients, visitors and staff.
We screen to protect you, your families, and our staff:
- We screen all employees daily – anyone with symptoms of a possible respiratory illness is not allowed to work until they are better.
- We screen on arrival all patients and visitors for symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Admitted patients are tested prior to admission and screened daily.
- Outpatients are screened prior to and upon arrival, and if symptomatic, are cared for via virtual visits or in designated areas where we use CDC-recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent spread.
- We limit visitors coming into the hospital and clinics, and screen for symptoms of possible COVID-19. We ask visitors with symptoms to defer their visits.
We clean our hands and spaces and make it easy for you to do the same:
- We have increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning of all high touch areas throughout the institution.
- We require frequent hand-cleaning, and have added hand sanitizer stations so patients and staff can clean their hands easily and frequently.
We protect everyone in our environment:
- We require all people on campus – employees, patients, and visitors – to wear a mask.
- We have rearranged spaces to accommodate physical distancing and prevent transmission of hidden infections by removing chairs from waiting rooms, and in some high-use areas, installing plexiglass barriers.