Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery
Pediatric Hearing Center
The Pediatric Ear, Hearing and Balance Center at Mass Eye and Ear cares for children with a wide variety of conditions, including complex disorders of the ears, mild to profound hearing loss and dizziness. Our team gives careful consideration to a range of interventions to ensure the most advanced and effective care plan for children.
Under the direction of Daniel J. Lee, MD, FACS, our pediatric specialists provide world-class medical and surgical care for infants and children with a variety of ear, hearing and balance disorders. We combine the expertise of a variety of specialists, including:
- Fellowship-trained pediatric otologists
- Neurologists specializing in addressing dizziness symptoms
- Pediatric anesthesiologists
- Pediatric audiologists with experience in ABR and behavioral diagnostic testing, and hearing aid and cochlear implant rehabilitation services
- Pediatric nurses and child life specialists
- Speech language pathologists who provide evaluations and therapy
- Educational consultants who ensure children get appropriate early intervention and school accommodations
Meet Our Team
From routine issues to the very complex, our team of specialists is uniquely qualified to meet the needs of children with ear and balance problems. Our physicians are all trained in ear, nose and throat disorders as well as pediatric care.
Find a Location
Conditions We Treat
Did you know?
Mass Eye and Ear physicians consult with genetic specialists at Massachusetts General Hospital who provide expertise on determining any possible genetic causes of your patient’s hearing loss or complex ear condition.
When hearing is impaired, language is delayed. Our speech and hearing specialists work to develop appropriate receptive and expressive language for children.
We work to provide comprehensive early intervention, insuring that children receive important auditory information during the early, critical intervals of hearing development.