Make an Appointment
To contact the scheduling office, call 617-573-3202
Mass. Eye and Ear glaucoma specialists see patients from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Find a doctor and learn more about our locations:
Once your appointment is scheduled, please call 617-573-4200 to register with the hospital and confirm your insurance information.
What to Expect
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to ensure that all the necessary information is in place.
You’ll undergo a thorough eye exam and discussion with the doctor, which may take up to two or three hours. Your care will also involve ophthalmic assistants and physicians in residency and fellowship training, as Mass. Eye and Ear is a teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School.
Most new patients will have their pupils dilated. This takes about 30-45 minutes, but the effects last an average of 4-6 hours. (In some cases, the effects may persist for up to 24 hours.) Blurry vision is a common side effect, so you are strongly encouraged to have someone drive you home after your appointment.
What to Bring
- Insurance card and/or Medicare cards and pharmacy cards
- Copy of the authorization notice from your insurance carrier, if appropriate
- Any records or tests from a previous ophthalmologist that may be helpful
- Contact information of your referring physician
- Prescription eye glasses (even if they are old or you wear contact lenses)
- Sunglasses (for after dilation)
- List of medications you are taking, including any supplements or over-the-counter drugs
- If you have diabetes, bring snacks in anticipation of a long visit