The Social Work Department at Mass Eye and Ear is staffed by dedicated licensed clinical social workers. The need for specialized medical care can be stressful and may have an impact on many aspects of one’s life. As part of the health care team, we help patients and their families understand and cope with medical, psychological, social and practical concerns.
We are available for support throughout your treatment at Mass Eye and Ear in our inpatient and outpatient settings, as well as the emergency room.
Services We Provide
Here are examples of the some of the services our social workers provide to the Mass Eye and Ear patients:
- Psychosocial assessment, brief counseling, and referral to mental health/substance abuse providers
- Psychosocial support for coping with acute or chronic illness
- Referrals to community providers, programs and other services.
- Referrals and support in cases of abuse, neglect, violence or other safety issues
- Grief and bereavement support
Please feel free to reach out to us with other issues that may arise during your care and treatment at Mass Eye and Ear. We will do our best to assist you and/or provide you with the appropriate referrals or resources.
Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Did You Know?
Founded in 1907, our department is the second oldest social work department in a medical setting in the United States.