Center/Research Area Affiliations
Dr. Chen focuses her research on three-dimensional (3D) imaging of the eye using spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SDOCT) and swept source imaging. Along with collaborators at Massachusetts General Hospital, her research group was the first to image the human eye in vivo with video rate SDOCT, a widely used imaging modality for the care of glaucoma patients. With SDOCT, ultra-highresolution 3D video imaging of the optic nerve and the retina is now possible. Her group was the first to prove that the commercially available scanning laser polarimeter (GDx machine) produces incorrect nerve fiber layer measurements and is based on a false principle. Dr. Chen has been both first and last author on major papers published in the top three ophthalmology journals, Archives of Ophthalmology (now JAMA Ophthalmology), American Journal of Ophthalmology, and Ophthalmology. Dr. Chen also has clinical and research interests in pediatric glaucoma.
For a full publication list, please see her CV.
- Chen TC, Radhakrishnan S, Takusagawa H, Hoguet A, Junk AK, Nouri-Mahdavi K, Chen PP. Spectral domain optical coherence tomography: helping the clinician diagnose glaucoma. A report by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Ophthalmology. In press.
- Chen TC, Chen PP, Francis BA, Junk AK, Smith SD, Singh K, Lin SC. Pediatric glaucoma surgery: a report by the American Academy Of Ophthalmology. Ophthalmology. 2014 Nov;121(11):2107-2115.
- Lim H, Mujat M, Kerbage C, Lee ECW, Chen Y, Chen TC, de Boer JF. High-speed imaging of human retina in vivo with swept-source optical coherence tomography. Opt Express. 2006 Dec 25;14(26):12902-12908.
- Chen TC, Cense B, Pierce MC, Nassif N, Park BH, Yun SH, White BR, Bouma BE, Tearney GJ, de Boer JF. Spectral domain optical coherence tomography: ultra-high speed, ultra-high resolution ophthalmic imaging. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005 Dec;123(12):1715-1720.
- White BR, Pierce MC, Nassif N, Cense B, Park BH, Chen TC, de Boer JF. In vivo dynamic human retinal blood flow imaging using ultra-high-speed spectral domain optical coherence tomography. Opt Express. 2003 Dec 15;11(25):3490-3497.
View a list of publications on pubmed.gov »