Find the latest information about COVID-19, our updated Visitor Policy, screening for patients and support persons, and what you need to know before your appointment or inpatient visit here.
Mass Eye and Ear performs surgery at our Boston main campus and Longwood location.
Our Adult Surgical Services team strives to make your experience as pleasant as possible. The information below will help guide you through the process.
Pre-Operative Guide for Adult Patients
Our comprehensive guide includes everything you need to know about surgery at Mass Eye and Ear. Inside the guide you will find:
- A checklist of what you may need to bring to the hospital
- What to do the night before surgery, including when to stop eating and drinking
- What to expect day of your surgery
- How to manage your pain after surgery
- Special instructions for patients with diabetes, respiratory issues, latex allergies or cardiac implanted electronic devices (CIEDS)
- And more
View our Main Campus Patient Guide and Longwood Patient Guide