Patient and Family Advisory Council
Mass. Eye and Ear is proud to introduce our Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC). We believe that our patients and their families have a vital role in shaping the way Mass. Eye and Ear establishes and delivers the very best in patient care. To that end, we have organized a dynamic PFAC that is facilitated by Susan Corbett, Janet Huettig and up to 12 outside volunteers.
The goals of the PFAC are:
- To improve patient experience
- To ensure patient-centered care
- To ensure patients’ interests, needs and concerns are presented to, reviewed and addressed by our health care providers and hospital leadership.
- To ensure that priorities and plans for the future of Mass. Eye and Ear are aligned with best patient care and patient experience improvement practices.
- To ensure our relationship with our patients, their families and/or guardians and the community at large is open, inclusive and responsive.
The Mass. Eye and Ear PFAC is always looking for members of the community who are interested in serving on our council and providing constructive advice and feedback on how to improve our patients’ experiences.
As PFAC vacancies arise, potential candidates will be contacted for an interview with Mass. Eye and Ear staff and current PFAC members.
Candidates who meet the following criteria are considered for appointment to the council:
- Recent experience (within 12 months) at Mass. Eye and Ear as a patient or family member
- Ability to make a one-year commitment to the council
- Ability and availability to attend scheduled monthly meetings, held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday of every month.
- Ability to work effectively in a collegial environment, to bring forward, consider and/or investigate relevant subject matter, make meaningful contributions to discussions, accept decisions reached by consensus, and support the resolutions of the PFAC.
Please contact Susan Corbett or Janet Huettig at 617-573-3550 if you have a sincere interest in working to help us in the continuous process of improving the patient experience at Mass. Eye and Ear and would like to be considered for potential PFAC membership.
Find more information about PFAC in our Annual Report.