Mission, Vision and Values
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is a specialty hospital dedicated to excellence in the care of disorders that affect the eye, ear, nose, throat, and adjacent regions of the head and neck. Mass. Eye and Ear provides primary care and serves as a referral center for outpatient and inpatient medical and surgical care.
In conjunction with Harvard Medical School, Mass. Eye and Ear is committed to the education of future health care professionals, as well as the education of the public concerning the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the diseases in its specialties and concerning the rehabilitation of patients handicapped by these diseases.
In order to provide the highest quality of contemporary care and even better care in the future, Mass. Eye and Ear conducts laboratory and clinical research in its areas of specialty.
Mass. Eye and Ear recognizes its obligation to serve as a source of excellence in patient care, teaching, and research in Massachusetts, the United States, and the world.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear will be the preeminent world-wide source of advances and leaders in preserving and restoring vision, hearing, balance and voice, as well as in curing disorders of the head and neck.
We will achieve this vision through our mission:
- Providing exceptional clinical care
- Conducting cutting-edge translational and bench research
- Teaching tomorrow’s leaders and today’s medical community
- Provide the highest quality and affordable care to our patients
- Ease of access and outstanding service
- Lead in academic and research excellence
- Ensure financial strength of the organization
- Be known as leaders in the communities we serve