Contact Lens Use and Care
Can there be complications from contact lens wear?
Contact lenses are quite safe, when fit properly and taken care of properly. However, complications can occur. To minimize that risk, an annual examination is necessary to catch and prevent potential complications resulting from lens wear.
Proper care for your contacts and your eyes:
- Adhere to the wearing schedule that is instructed by your clinician (how many hours a day to wear your lenses)
- Clean your contact lenses properly and as instructed by your clinician
- Replace your contact lenses as prescribed
- Remove your lenses if the contact lens is ripped, scratched, or feels uncomfortable
- Do not allow other people to try on your contacts
- Always have a back-up pair of glasses