Hearing Aid Center and Cochlear Implant Center
The Audiology Department at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art hearing health care to people of all ages, infants to adults.
In the Hearing Aid and Cochlear Implant Center, the mission is to provide information, education and tools to maximize performance with hearing aids, cochlear implants and other assistive devices. It is a total-patient approach, focused on success – improving hearing and communication.
- Evaluations for hearing aids or cochlear implant candidacy
- Hearing aid selection, sales, fitting and orientation
- Pre-cochlear implant consultation and post-implant evaluation and follow-up
- Auditory rehabilitation
- Weekly classes, designed to maximize hearing aid/cochlear implant benefit
- Annual Public Forum to provide important updates to the general public on all of the latest hearing advancements. Please check our events page for when that'll be listed
Mass. Eye and Ear performs a full range of diagnostic tests to characterize hearing loss, many of which were developed and perfected here. The Audiology staff works closely with doctors, educators and outside agencies to ensure complete, exhaustive evaluation and management of every hearing health need.
There are many aids to hearing on the market. Choices regarding level of technology, implantable vs. traditional devices and various assistive technologies most appropriate for you or for a loved one are best made in consultation with an audiologist. At Mass. Eye and Ear, the needs of the patient always dictate the strategy for improvement.
Every case is unique – every situation demands careful evaluation and application of the most appropriate technology. There’s nothing “one size fits all” about it. Mass. Eye and Ear has the expertise, training and experience needed to help you make the right decisions, choosing the right tools – simple or complex – and providing advanced training, rehabilitation and education to make each treatment choice as effective as possible.
For contact information, please click here.