Enhanced Video Conferencing at
Mass. Eye and Ear
This service is being introduced by and supported through a collaboratve effort of the following departments at MEEI:
- Research and Academic Affairs
- Surgical Services
- Information Services
- Audio Visual Services
Please join me in thanking these departments for their initial and ongoing support of these services!
- Leo Hill, Deputy CIO and Director of Research IT
Equipped to produce high-quality sound and images, the Massachusetts Eye and Ear facilities allow participants to use the latest voice and video technology to communicate and collaborate with one another.
Typical uses of video conferencing include:
- Small- to medium-sized meetings
- Distance learning, lectures and tutorials
- Professional presentations
- Desktop/laptop video conferencing using Adobe Connect
Enhanced Video Conferencing Services Consist of:
- Video conference recording, playback and streaming
- Ability to video conference with external sites over the Internet or ISDN phone lines
Booking a Video Conference
The video-conference equipment is installed in the Meltzer Auditorium and on a portable cart that can service elevator-accessible meeting rooms in the Main Building and the Connector.
To book a video conference, please contact:
- Equipment and support personnel are available between the hours of 07:30 and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday (outside of these hours, support charges may apply).
- All conferences are subject to availability, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All off-hour conferences are subject to staff availability.
Page updated 6/5/2014.