Intellectual Property and Commercial Ventures
The Office of Intellectual Property & Commercial Ventures (IPCV) works with Massachusetts Eye and Ear faculty and industry to protect and commercialize new technologies that arise from basic and clinical research.
IPCV roles and responsibilities include:
- Evaluating invention disclosures
- Managing the intellectual property portfolio
- Marketing and licensing intellectual property
- Academic and corporate material transfer agreements
- License agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Corporate sponsored research agreements
- Assisting in the creation of start-up ventures
- Educating faculty on technology transfer and patent law
Ojas P. Mehta, J.D.
Aida Herrera, Ph.D.
Eugenia Park, Ph.D.
Technology Transfer Agent
Page updated 6/5/2014.