Intellectual Property and Commercial Ventures
The Office of Intellectual Property & Commercial Ventures (IPCV) works with the Mass. Eye and Ear faculty and industry to protect and commercialize new technologies that arise out of the basic and clinical research.
IPCV roles and responsibilities include:
- Evaluating invention disclosures
- Managing intellectual property portfolio
- Marketing and licensing intellectual property
- Academic and corporate material transfer agreements
- License agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Corporate-sponsored research agreements
- Assisting in the creation of start-up ventures
- Educating faculty on the technology transfer and patent law
Ojas P. Mehta, Director
Barbara Murphy, Technology Transfer Agent
Page updated 4/23/2014.