Instructions On How To Make A Gift Of Stock
1. If your broker holds a stock, you can instruct them to transfer the stock to the Infirmary’s account at:
Morgan Stanley SmithBarney
53 State Street, 39th Floor
Boston MA 02109
Account name: Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Account number: 625-825890-728
DTC Number: 0015
Attention: Mr. Paul G. Giglio, Tel: 617-589-3377
Tax ID #: 04 – 2785453
*** Please notify the Development Office with information regarding your pending stock gift. We want to credit you for your generous gift!
2. If you wish to mail the stock certificate to the Infirmary, please send the unendorsed certificate in one envelope, along with a signed letter giving the Mass. Eye and Ear Permission to deposit your gift of stock to our account, and send the stock power, signed, but otherwise blank, in a separate envelope to: Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Attention: Development Office, 243 Charles Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114.
3. If you wish to personally deliver a stock certificate, the Development office is located at 465 Medford Street, 3rd Floor, Charlestown, MA 02129. You will need to have the unendorsed stock certificate with you and can sign a stock power at our office.
4. If you prefer to have a stock sold by a broker of your own choosing, we will be glad to contact your broker with instructions. However, if you chose to sell your stock and give the proceeds to Mass. Eye and Ear, you may be subject to capital gains tax.
5. If you wish to designate your gift to a specific area of interest, please send us correspondence detailing your instructions or fill out a Designation Form.
In order to assure the timely transfer of stock, you or your broker should contact:
Coordinator, Gift Processing and Acknowledging
Contact Us Today!
or Use Our Simple Online Form to Give Us Feedback
We welcome your comments and feedback. Please include contact information if you'd like a response.