Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
Harvard Medical School Continuing Medical Education (CME) Course
More than 35 national and international experts gather annually in Boston for Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands, a continuing medical education course from Harvard Medical School. The meeting features lectures and panel sessions to facilitate discussions in the areas of endocrinology, radiology and pathology.
Since the first installment in 1996, the course has provided an annual comprehensive review and update of surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands, covering the most recent and relevant data regarding:
- Preoperative diagnosis and staging, including voice and laryngeal exam updates
- Preoperative FNA molecular analysis
- Surgical anatomy and technique, with avoidance and management of complications, including nerve monitoring, treatment of vocal cord paralysis and management of nodal disease
- Comprehensive review of postoperative medical adjuvant therapies.
- Recent advances in the management of routine and advanced thyroid malignancies including observational studies of low grade papillary cancers, as well as ATA-recommended multimodal treatment of anaplastic carcinoma
- Complex parathyroid surgery