Harvard Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
Continuing Medical Education Course 2014
SAVE THE DATE
December 6th – 8th, 2014 • Saturday-Sunday-Monday
Marriott Long Wharf Boston, MA
Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
We invite you to join over 35 national and international experts from Harvard Medical School for an in-depth 2 1/2-day meeting featuring lectures, expert panel sessions and surgical and medical discussions in the areas of endocrinology, radiology and pathology.
The course is intended to be a comprehensive review and update of surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands by world-renowned faculty. Established in 1996, the course has received critical acclaim worldwide.
This course will cover the most recent and relevant data regarding:
- Preoperative diagnosis and staging, including voice and laryngeal exam updates.
- Preoperative FNA molecular analysis.
- Surgical anatomy and technique, with avoidance and management of complications, including neural monitoring, treatment of vocal cord paralysis and approach to management of nodal disease.
- Comprehensive review of postoperative medical adjuvant therapies.
- Lecture on the “Genomic Landscape of Thyroid Malignancy” by an endocrine genomic scientist.
- Recent advances in the management of routine and advanced thyroid malignancies including observational studies of low grade papillary cancers, as well as ATA-recommended multimodal treatment of anaplastic carcinoma.
- Complex parathyroid surgery.
Registration will be available in April 2014.