Plan a Fundraising Event
Planning a fundraising event is a fun (and effective) way to increase your fundraising by bringing Team Eye and Ear to life for your contributors.
First Things First
Choose a date, location, time, and theme.
Location: Do you know someone that owns an area restaurant or venue? Would they be willing to donate the space for your event (and possible some appetizers as well)? Many restaurants are willing to do this.
Theme: There are all kinds of interesting themes that you can choose. Some ideas that have been successful for Team Eye and Ear members in the past include:
- wine tasting party
- poker tournament
- neighborhood yard sale (with all the proceeds benefitting your fundraising)
- Sunday brunch
- trivia night
- home party with an in-home sales company (like Cash4Gold or Lia Sophia)
Raffles & Auctions
- Setting up a live (or silent) auction at your party is a fun way to build excitement and boost your fundraising.
- Approach local business for auction donations - many are willing to donate. Please let us know if they require a 501(c)3 form and/or number from Mass. Eye and Ear. We are happy to provide these to you.
- Do you know anyone with vacation homes in a fun location? Approach them to see if they would be willing to allow you to auction or raffle off a weekend stay at their vacation home.
- A raffle is a great way boost your fundraising as well. Also, 50/50 raffles usually work well.
Fun (and profitable) Ideas & Details
- Request a 'cover charge' at the door as a donation for attending the event. We suggest this amount be $25 or more.
- Ask your local wine shop if they would be willng to donate a couple cases of wine for your party.
- Have a loud, enthusiastic friend act as the emcee for the evening
- Set up a laptop (or two) at your party with your FirstGiving page uploaded. This gives the attendees another opportunity to donate.
Let Us Help You!
We are happy to provide posters and other collateral about Mass. Eye and Ear at your event. Please let us know if you have any other ideas as well. We are here to help you!