Corporate Support Opportunities
Approaching a company for corporate support is a great way to achieve and exceed your fundraising goal! It is truly a win-win sitatution for you and the company. The corporate commiment that you receive goes towards your fundraising goal and the company receives great branding opportunities during the 2012 running of the Boston Marathon, New England's most widely-viewed sporting event. There will be approximately 500,000 live spectators and more than one-million viewing the televised race.
- Sample letter that you can customize to ask for Corporate Support.
- Corporate Support Opportunities Packet (This is a PDF to present to potential companies)
- Corporate Support Agreement
- Start with a personal contact within the organization. A senior-level manager or someone who has influence within the organization is yoru best bet.
- Research how to corporation makes gifts. Foundation? Community Relations? External Affairs?
- Research the interest areas of the corporate gifts. Do they often give to healthcare institutions?
- Meet with your contact in person.
- Tell them about the Team Eye and Ear program; along with why you have made a commitment to run with Mass. Eye and Ear. Present the contact with a copy of the Corporate Support Opportunities packet (found here).
- If you cannot meet with your contact in person, send him/her a personalized letter (example found here) and a copy of the Corporate Support Opportunities packet (found here).
- Follow up with your contact one to two weeks later.
- Be persistent.