Team Eye and Ear
Team Eye and Ear is Mass. Eye and Ear's marathon team which will participate in the 2013 Boston Marathon taking place on April 15, 2013.
Team Eye and Ear members span a wide range of athletic abilities (novice to experience marathoners) and walks of life.They are generous and dedicated individuals who are athletes, fundraisers and ambassadors for Mass. Eye and Ear. Their hard word, dedication, and pure passion brings new hope and a healthier future to people everywhere who suffer from debilitating conditions affecting sight, hearing, voice, balance, taste and smell, as well as cancers of the eye, head and neck.
Thanks to our seven-year partnership with John Hancock Financial Services (the lead sponsor of the Boston Marathon), since 2006 Team Eye and Ear has raised more than $1.8 million for research and patient care at Mass. Eye and Ear.
Although our 2013 Team is now full for invitational entry runners, we are still accepting "own entry" runners. Information on the benefits and requirements for 'own entry' runners can be found below or by calling 617-573-6364.
- Guaranteed race entry for the 2013 Boston Marathon. ("Invitational Entry" Runners only)
- Team kick-off and celebratory events with other Team Eye and Ear runners including an exclusive event on marathon weekend with Marathon Legend Kathrine Switzer.
- Access to an exclusive marathon training program designed by Team Eye and Ear Coach, Fred Treseler, to help you get from Hopkinton to Copley Square, for first-timers to veterans. Training program highlights include weekly group runs, exclusive training workshops and detailed daily manuals.
- A convenient heated indoor meeting facility with restrooms near the starting line on race day.
- The knowledge that you are making a difference in the lives of others by raising money for an important cause!
- You will receive a fundraising training, tools and support through workshops, the Team Eye and Ear online fundraising resource library, and more. You will also have the opportunity to set up your own personal web site, where you can share your story and securely accept online donations.
- Exclusive Team Eye and Ear apparel.
Team Requirements for "Own Entry" Runners
Runners who have received an official Boston Marathon bib number from another source are encouraged to join Team Eye and Ear.
- Raise a minimum of $1,000 by May 15, 2013 to support Mass. Eye and Ear or pay the balance in full yourself. While the required minimum is set at $1,000 per runner, we will work with each team member to set a personal fundraising goal.
- Submit a non-refundable $100 deposit and credit card number upon acceptance to the team. This deposit will apply toward your fundraising goal.