The Kids Can't Thank You Enough
Families turn to Mass. Eye and Ear in times of need. Here they find compassionate care from physician/scientists who also work tirelessly to develop new treatments and find cures for children with diseases and conditions that affect their sight, hearing, speech, breathing and even their ability to smile.
Under the leadership of Mass. Eye and Ear Chairman Wyc Grousbeck, the Curing Kids Fund was founded in 2010 to support new research projects and provide funding for life-changing pediatric care initiatives.
In four years, your generosity has helped to raise nearly $5 million to:
- Advance exciting new initiatives in vision and hearing research.
- Give dozens of children-in-need the simple, but life-changing gift of eyeglasses and hearing aids.
- Support more than 100 life-saving reconstructive airway and ear surgeries for children at home and around the world.
- Establish a Mass. Eye and Ear Curing Kids Endowment to help ensure transformative research and care for years to come.
There’s still more to do. Much more.
- One cochlear implant surgery costs upwards of $40,000, but it is a gift that changes the trajectory of a child’s development.
- A Boston KPro (prosthetic cornea) can cost more than $30,000, but it is a gift that literally gives a blind child sight.
- Facial nerve surgery and the physical therapy that follows can cost $60,000, but what price would you put on a child’s ability to smile?
We hope, someday, to put ourselves out of business. But until that day when we’ve cured the diseases that rob children of their senses and their ability to fully experience life, the Curing Kids Fund will be here to help.
We invite you to join us for the 5th Annual Sense-ation! Gala on October 14, 2014. With your help, we can continue to make the world a place of true wonder and discovery for thousands of children, today and tomorrow.